Nothing went right this morning in terms of schedule. One thing all those articles I've read just don't account for is when things crop up that can disrupt EVERYTHING. It was so hot last night that I couldn't sleep, and woke up about three times. I fell asleep at midnight even though I'm meant to be asleep three hours before that. It's almost 10 AM and I'm supposed to have been working for almost three hours but nope, only accomplished my run and breakfast. I haven't even showered yet.

I figure on days like these I'll sacrifice my creative/gaming time to get the minimum productive work hours in. Yay for slack.

Speaking of running - the paaaaaaaaain. TELL ME WHY I DECIDED TO START BOTH RUNNING AND BODYWEIGHT TRAINING THE SAME WEEK. My butt and thigh muscles were screaming like 'Y U DO DIS TO MEEEEE' even before I went to sleep.

Oh well.

I can do it.

I hope.

Most things considered, I did alright. I started my bodyweight exercises. Today was more about habit rather than trying to get everything perfect. I wasn't particularly productive, which may have been the result of being overly productive over the past week. I felt drained. It's possible that once the sleeping schedule is fixed, a lot of other things in my routine will be too, even though that's been somewhat difficult lately. The weather has just been so incredibly warm. It reached 37 C today... Not looking forward to tonight.

Also, note to self: don't drink anything after 7 PM. Nope, nothing. A full bladder at midnight is not the most convenient of things.

I think tomorrow I'll focus on schedule, as I need to stick to that tighter. Maybe it's time to bring back the Pomodoro technique.

Obligatory 'Hello, world!' first post.

Enough with the delaying. I wanted to wait until my birthday to launch this blog for the umpteenth time but just... Enough waiting. Who cares what the date is?

Most of the posts I'll be making are just to keep myself accountable. Apparently it takes 66 days to form a habit. Not 21. I've managed to do certain things for five weeks... And then I stopped, due to various reasons. I can guarantee, that at minimum, 21 days is not enough for me to develop a habit. I'll be mentioning my new schedule in another post, but here's a rough summary for today:

Woke up before 5 AM to an early start. I spent up to an hour psyching myself up to use the treadmill, set up my music, went to flick the switch and... No sound. Nothing. I zipped over to the plug to check it was actually in, and lo and behold, someone had nabbed the adapter. 'Borrowed' it for something else, I assumed. Anyhow, I managed to begin the Couch to 5k program two hours later after the sleeping beauties woke up.

Most of the day ended up being only halfway productive, but tomorrow is another day. Leggo.